Well worth discovering Glencoe on your 'way'.
West Highland Way
The West Highland Way is a fantastic walk but it does miss out one of Scotland’s most dramatic and beautiful areas – Glencoe! Add in the fact that we are one of the closest accommodation options to the West Highland Way at the Kingshouse stage and you can see why we’ve hosted so many ‘way’ers’ over the years.
- A continental breakfast which can be pre booked and paid for on arrival. April to October only.
- All of the baggage transfer companies including Travelite and AMS will drop your luggage here
- Cook for yourself (pick up food in Glencoe Village) or eat out at the Clachaig Inn less than a mile away.
- A log fire in the hostel (hostel guests only),
- A top class drying room for your wet clothes – you never know!
- Free wi-fi.
- As we are equidistant from the Kingshouse and Kinlochleven why not stay a couple of nights?
For individuals travelling alone the best option is to take the Citylink bus from the “Glencoe Ski Centre Road End” stop (just where the WHW crosses the A82 after the Glencoe Ski Centre) to Glencoe Crossroads and we are a beautiful 1.5 mile walk from there.
For groups of 3 or more you will be best (cheapest) to pre book one of the local taxis (Ali’s on 01855 811136, Hazelton on 01855 811764 or Rob Roy on 01855 831320). You MUST prebook at least a few days in advance and if you need food to cook yourself ask them to pop into the village shop first. See our Find Us page for more information.