Great local produce makes eating out a real treat.
Food & Drink
When you don’t want to cook for yourself you’ll be pleased to know that there are plenty of places locally that offer fantastic food & drink and there’s something to suit every budget. Our selection of favourites are:
- The Clachaig Inn – just 20 minutes walk away, the famous Clachaig Inn offers fantastic pub food as well as a wide selection of real ales and whiskies. There’s live music on in the newly refurbished Boots Bar every Saturday night and the atmosphere is infectious – you’ll have a great time.
- The Glencoe Cafe – in Glencoe Village, tasty home-cooked meals and great baking – just perfect for filling up before refuelling after a day on the hills.
- Crafts & Things – at Tighphuirt, just past Glencoe Village. Craft & Things does great baking, soups & sandwiches amongst other things. There is also a very well stocked craft shop with all sorts of unusual items for sale including clothing, books, paintings, ornaments and much more.
- Ballachulish Visitor Centre – Really good cafe. Also has a shop but this one provides a font of knowledge and an activity booking centre on all things local.
- Laroch Bar & Restaurant – Excellent food, lovely setting. In Ballachulish and only 5 minutes drive.
- Loch Leven Hotel – just across the Ballachulish Bridge (about 5 miles). Great pub grub and a great atmosphere. Staff favourite!
- Holly Tree Hotel – excellent seafood in a stunning loch side location. Good lunches too.
- Loch Leven Seafood Cafe – a bit further afield, across on the other side of Loch Leven on the “low” road into Kinlochleven, but so worth the drive! The freshest seafood, simply prepared – delicious. You can even buy your own seafood from their shop, plenty of our guests have cooked up a feast for themselves back at their accommodation.
Don’t forget there is a shop in Glencoe Village so you can stock up on your way here, and a Co-Op in Ballachulish Village too. Forgotten Breakfast? Don’t worry, you can buy our ‘Breakfast in a bag’ from us for just £3.00 which includes cereal, milk, toast, jam or marmalade and tea or coffee. Please order and pay the night before.
Download our Eating Out pdf here.